Here i write some stuff which can help beginner to follow the good practice/pattern for good coding skills and learning
- Always define variable with authentic name like if we defining array for users,
Good Practice : users
Bad Practice : data, userdata, usersarray etc.
- Always follow camelCase pattern when you define variables ,like if we have single user posts,
Good Practice : singleUserPosts
Bad Practice : data, userpost, userpostobj etc.
- When you are defining functions always define with authentic name also follow camelCase pattern,
Good Practice : getPosts, getUsers, updatePost, getApiFn, getSinglePostWithComments
Bad Practice : getdata, posts, getcomentposts etc.
- Create a util folder in you project and put all the functions which are you using through out the application apart from api , put only those functions which are generic and common, like e.g : concateName, getCurrentDate, createDateFormate etc,
- In react we use props normally for some work in parent child relations or in redux, so when you using props and relay on them e.g suppose i have a Header component which use prop to display the header heading of current screen , or any other example you take, so if Header component have a props name header, suppose i didn’t pass the header prop from where we calling Header component it will show empty string, here is the solution
- in this pic you can see we have Header.defaultProps object which has a key header and value , so if i don’t pass the header prop it will show default value,
- In react when we supply props to child component we can make a validation that props must be particular type like ,string, integer, array, object and etc,
- in this pic you can see i define a default props type for header props which must be string ,if i don’t supply the string value it will show me warring ,